National Certificate and National Diploma Courses (NQF Level 5):
- The minimum recommended requirement for admission is the National Senior Certificate (NSC), elementary achievement (30-39%), as certified by Umalusi or GCSE (or similar) certification.
- Minimum of 40% in English (the language of instruction at eta).
Applicants not meeting the admission criteria:
- Should the applicant not meet the minimum admission criteria with their NSC, GCSE (or similar) results; they may be referred for tests at their own expense. These could include tests for aptitude, literacy, numeracy, reasoning skills and/or studying skills.
- The following information is essential and must be submitted with the application form:
- A reference or testimonial from the applicant’s school principle/guidance counsellor, main teacher or employer if employed.
- A written motivation from the applicant explaining how they will apply themselves to the demands of the course and what commitment they will make to ensure their success.
- Certificates or transcripts of results from other qualifications; this relates to qualifications in any field of study.
Admission Criteria for Short Courses and Specialisations can be read on the respective info sheets on the website.